The standard version of the FACETS logo, which should be used in most instances, it is rendered in two shades of red. The reds should never be altered or reversed.
The one-colour version of our logo can be used as a substitute, only when absolutely necessary. It should only appear as a single solid colour in black or white.
Here are some examples of when you should use the monotone logos:
- When colour is not an option or is too expensive to print.
- Embroidered labels on apparel (branded merchandise).
- On top of busy backgrounds when the standard full-colour logo doesn’t work.
- When you have many logos listed in the same place and want a clean and consistent look.
Building on our multidisciplinary nature, the FACETS brand is made up of a full spectrum of colours, anchored by the “FACETS red”, represented by #631719 & #92242a, which matches the colour pallet in our standard full colour logo. The FACETS red should only be rendered as a solid colour, and should not be lightened, darkened, used as a gradient, or altered in any way when representing the FACETS brand.
Complementing the FACETS red is our full colour pallet as represented on our website and in marketing materials. Application of these colours should never be applied to the FACETS logo or material represented our brand without the direct approval of the FACETS staff.
There should always be a consistent amount of white space around the FACETS logo giving it enough room to shine and look its best. The white space is defined by the top width of the “F” as shown below in the diagram.
Here are a few examples of what NOT to do when using the FACETS logo:
- Alter the colours of the logo, or add additional colours.
- Flatten the logo and use one colour.
- Add stylistic effects.
- Crop, stretch, modify, or change the orientation.
- Use the logo on a conflicting background.
Proper use of the FACETS trademark is important. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities.
These guidelines outline and explain how you must use and visually present our brand assets at all times. Your use of our brand assets indicates that you agree to these guidelines, and understand that FACETS is the sole owner of the trademark. If the use of the FACETS trademark is found in violation of these guidelines, and measures are not taken to update and resolve the use, you may be asked to immediately terminate your use of our brand.
- The use of branded FACETS material and logo must not mislead consumers or the scientific community as to any FACETS sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsements of your company, or of your products or services.
- Our brand assets are our exclusive property. You will not take any action that negates our rights or ownership of our brand assets. Where used on a web page, our brand assets, as well as the mention of our name, should include embedded hyperlinks to the FACETS homepage: www.facetsjournal.com
- Our brand assets must be used in a respectful manner. Our brand assets may not be used in a way that harms us, our products or services, or in a manner which, in our opinion, lessens or otherwise damages our reputation or the goodwill in our brand assets.
If you are a FACETS Subject Editor and would like to make sure of FACETS material to promote the journal please contact us.
If you have any questions about using our logo or brand, please contact Kristina Henrikson at firstname.lastname@example.org.